Announcement on inauguration of Jiayong Chen Prize 2021
Prof. Jiayong Chen, Academician of Chinese Academy of Sciences, one of the most influential chemical engineering scientists in China and the founder of the Chinese hydrometallurgy discipline, is one of the co-founders of Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering (the official English journal of the Chemical Industry and Engineering Society of China, published by the Chemical Industry Press Co. Ltd). The “Jiayong Chen Prize” was established in 2020 by the Journal along with Dr. Jiayong Chen’s Student Union to encourage the vast young chemical researchers in producing top-quality innovative research achievements in the field of chemical engineering science/technology to promote multifaceted development of the discipline and the journal. The award also aims to recognize the contribution of individuals and their research groups who published prime papers in Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. Paper recommendation of Jiayong Chen Prize 2021 started now and notified as follows.
Scope of Candidate Papers
Candidate paper should include the breaking-through results of basic scientific research and applied basic research in chemical engineering, hydrometallurgy and related fields, which was officially published in Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering. Review and Perspective articles are not qualified.
2. Publication time
The candidate must be an academic paper published in Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering in the previous two years of the year of recommendation (for example: the candidate papers for the 2021 prize must be ones published in the calendar years of 2019 and 2020).
1. The topic of candidate papers should be the frontiers, hotspots, key points, and difficulties to the chemical engineering peers at home and abroad;
2. The work is academically innovative and has achieved breakthrough results, reaching the advanced level of the disciplines at home and abroad, with potential social/economic benefits and application prospects;
3. It is included in the relevant retrieval system, cited by peers, and has certain influence;
4. The paper is informative, written with standard style, well organized, with accurate descriptions.
Selection and Award
The candidate articles are mainly based on the recommendation of peer experts. According to the ranking by combined qualitative and quantitative scores, the list of award-winning papers is finally determined after the procedures of format screening, expert preliminary review, meeting review and confirmation.
Each year, two excellent papers are awarded, with honorary certificate and monetary benefits (CNY 10,000 each paper). The prize is awarded to the corresponding author representing the winning research team.
The Recommendation Form
1. The recommendation form of a paper that meets the award requirements should be submitted to the editorial office of Chinese Journal of Chemical Engineering by the first author or corresponding author, and one forms should be filed.
2. The deadline for declaration is by June 31, 2021. The recommendation forms (both sealed and scanned versions required) and supporting materials will only be sent in the electronic version, the original copies retained by your own.
Yujuan He 010-64519488，email@example.com
Jingjing Tang 010-64519487，firstname.lastname@example.org